Gratitude. It’s what’s on everyone’s mind as we round the corner to the Holiday Season. We are reminded to pause and really appreciate all that we have in our lives. Holidays, though, can also amplify what we don’t have, and many times can spark a sadness from within.
It’s important to make the shift from sadness to gratitude for a number of reasons, but one very important one is our health. It’s proven that those who practice giving thanks actually have a stronger immune system (and a cheerier outlook on life).
Today I want to help you feel healthier and happier by sharing five steps that can help you do just that.
- Write out your gratitude — writing your thanks actually increases your energy. Better yet, say them out loud as that will have a vibrational impact.
- Meditate — 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes. Any amount of time you are spending in meditation is a good use of time. Start slowly if you need to and make it a part of your life. You’ll notice that you feel more alive and grounded with this practice.
- Pray — no matter what higher power calls to you, surrender and give thanks.
- Appreciate the negative — yes, even the things that might seem like obstacles in your life can be a gift. They are opportunities for growth and awareness. It can be a gift to be challenged and forced into change.
- Get support — having a network of individuals who hold you up when you need it is a must. I’d be happy to be in that network as well. Call me at (972) 898-6294 office or email me Jodie@jodiewallace.com for added support over the hectic holidays.
Wishing you and your family a blessed Holiday Season!
- Coach Jodie Wallace